Friday, May 8, 2009

Things I'm going to miss list and other thoughts

I decided to make a list of things I'm going to miss. I complain about Spain a lot, but its really not a bad place and there are things about it that I really wish I could take back to America with me. So here it goes.

-Diego's crazy plans. Loco.

-My intercambio, Javier

-Mercedes slipping seafood into my rice

-Two huge chocolate bars for 2 bucks

-Cruzcampo

-The view out my window

-Torre del Oro

-Getting beer in a cafe

-Spanish coffee

-Spanish hot chocolate

-La Giralda

-Fountains

-the arquitecture

-speaking Spanish

-Andalucian accents

-Scarves

-Soccer on tv

- Ruby

-Paella

-The little pizza place

-Kebabs

-Spanish on tv

-Drinkin by the river

-Never being ID'd

-Being able to walk everywhere

I'll probably think of more. That's really not that long.

I didn't make a lot of ties here. That makes me sad. But in a way, I think it's for the better. I don't think I'll be able to come back. I don't think my life is gonna take me back in this direction, though I could be wrong. If it does, well that will be fine, as long as life isn't expecting me to live here forever (I might die in that case). If it doesn't, that will be fine, too. It's a lot easier this way.

In five days, I will be back in the United States. This trip will be done. The people I have met here will be mostly gone. My footsteps will be overwritten, as if laid in fine sand, and I will be less than a memory. But where I'm going, I can't vanish from. Where I'm going is where I fit in this world, back into the holes of hearts that I left behind. And Spain won't vanish from me, dream though it may have been.

No comments:

Post a Comment