Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Tomorrow's the day

So my bags are packed. Which doesn't mean that I don't still have like ten things to do but I'm sparing this tiny moment to freak out a little bit. At first, I was just worried about the plane ride, and getting to Spain at all, but now that I've done everything I can do to make sure that happens...I'm more than a little freaked out about the fact that in twenty-four hours I will be on foreign soil. And not just that, but I won't be able to come back. For quite a while.

This is actually the first time I will be away from home for longer than a month. I'm excited for the learning experience. Sevilla is gorgeous, by all accounts, and there are so many exciting and new things that I will get to see! And when I think about those things I don't worry about it so much. But I'm still going to miss my family and friends more than I can imagine right now, and I feel bad for leaving them. Especially Catherine, since it's her last semester, and I won't be here to share it with her.

Still, this is what I wanted to do. I always said that I wanted to see the world. As much of it as I could anyway. This is just the first step.

On a less emo note, my roommate seems really nice. I haven't met her yet, obs, but she is from New Orleans and goes to school in NJ. She's really excited about the immersion process, but that's about all I know about her at the moment. There hasn't been enough time to really trade emails. I hope she's a vegetarian or vegan so that our host mother doesn't flip out about cooking or something. I would think they would put me with another vegetarian, since that was probs the most difficult part of housing me. We'll see!

All in all, it promises to be an adventure. I'll talk to you again from Sevilla!

No comments:

Post a Comment