Thursday, April 9, 2009

Sitting in McDonald's....again

McDonald's is the only place with internet. Grrr....

Semana Santa is amazing. I love Sevilla like this, all decked out with random religious fervor and celebration. Its creepy but that's also interesting. There is so much that I could say about it, but I don't have any sort of way to communicate what it is. There isn't a way, no one could understand without seeing it, but that's how all of life is I guess. So I think I'll try anyways.

First thing to understand is that it is a Catholic festival, but at the same time Spain has it's own version of Catholicism. So basically that means that everything is very different. I'll explain it better on Monday when I am ready to sit down a process all of it and have access to free internet.

Right now I am being questioned by a group of high school girls about why I'm here and if I like Sevilla in broken English. It's kinda adorable. They're all much better dressed than I am, which is depressing, but adorable.

Well, sorry this has been so broken and ridiculous. I hope that everyone is well. I am doing great, and very sad that classes will be starting again soon and this will be over, though I don't think my body can take much more of it.

Off I go to see more of this randomness!!

No comments:

Post a Comment