Monday, February 16, 2009

After the rain has fallen


So I had this uber migraine and was incapacitated for like two whole days. Woo!! But now I'm back and better than ever! I actually feel like I just had to physically manifest and expell my angry feelings towards Sevilla and all my missing home and everything and now it's hopefully done and I can get on with this whole experiencing the culture thing. Which I am doing now.

This morning, there was a protest outside of the cafe where we go to get tea and coffee and pan con aceite every day. It was crazy! They had propped open the doors to this cafe and were blasting obnoxiously loud music into the cafe. We ate there anyway, because they were protesting the fact that the cafe had laid off a worker, which is against the law in Spain and most other European countries, but with the economy like it is I don't know that they had a choice and I don't know all the facts and it would have been troublesome to go somewhere else. Besides it was an interesting experience. I have the pamphlet and a picture of the protest, though the picture doesnt capture the experience of actually being in the cafe.


In further news, my computer appears to be functioning. It had some nasty malware on it, but I deleted programs and now it is better! So there will be sweet pictures from the Italica up soon on FB, which I would have written about if I had had access to the computer for the last four days. To make a long story short, its the ruins of an old Roman city and pics do NOT do it justice but I think you'll enjoy them.
Hasta luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment