Monday, February 2, 2009

Humo y cerveza

Okay, so here's the deal.

For the next three weeks I have class from 9-12:45. I get up at around 7, get dressed, eat breakfast and walk thirty minutes to school for class. At around 11 we have descanso, so we go to a cafe and get tea or food or maybe I sit here and check my internets. When we are released we have the option of either chillin in the Centro (a barrio) or returning to the casa which is across the river. At 2:30 my roommate and I eat lunch and have a thirty min siesta, more or less. At around four I usually leave again. At some point I do hw. Dinner is at 9:30, so there's a lot of time to kill. Afterwards, one goes out pasando un rato, or killing time in English. This generally involves cerveza y humo. Or wine or some other alcohol y humo. Humo being smoke. Everyone smokes.

Except for that last part, my life is sweet.

So far, I really like Spain. I mean, there's definitely the issue of my needing to eat more, and that being slightly expensive. And I still don't feel 100% comfortable here by any means. But it's beginning to grow on me, which I think is a good thing. I think I will like it more once I get into a groove. And once I get used to feeling like an idiot all the time lol. I'm just glad it's not raining anymore. It has rained nonstop for almost two whole days, which was very unfortunate.

In any case, I am excited to say that I am now off to find lunch. Buenas tardes!

2 comments:

  1. XOXOXOXOXOXXOXOXOX

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's the whole "not allowed to use English" thing going??

    I miss yooooooooou!!! <3

    ReplyDelete