Thursday, February 5, 2009

I've had a request

Meghan requested that I tell you more about my current classes, so here we go.

My first class is Advanced Spanish - Present Day Usage where we discuss slang terms and common terms used in Spain. Which has been helpful in understanding my host mother anyway, and my professor is very nice but it's kinda boring on the whole challenging scale. I have that class every day too, so the boringness is not very much appreciated all the time, but at least we have a break to snack every morning.

Second I have my cultural realities class, which requires that I keep a journal about the themes we discuss (culture shock, culture shock, and culture shock mostly lol - como me choca la cultura de espana, to combine the two classes). Only meets once a week, so it's not too much work and the professor is funny so that's nice. There is a guy in that class. His name is Javier. He is from the same university as my roommate actually. Having a guy in the class = weird, but he's quiet anyways and can speak better Spanish than I can so whatevs I can't complain.

He's also in my clase de baile, the only guy in the dancing class actually. There I learn flamenco dancing. Very hard btw, you dance with your whole body, the hands have specific tiny motions and the posture is just so and your feet move at like 1000 mph. I actually need to practice because I'm going to forget all the steps I learned, not that I had them that well to begin with.

On to more interesting things, today people seemed to think I live here as in speak Spanish in multiple places that I found myself in. Like some highschool girls asked me for a light, and the British group that asked me for directions (I def gave them a map I had no clue what they were trying to say with their accent).

I also got my intercambio today!! His name is Javi, but I haven't met him yet so I don't know anything about him so I will post more on that later. Intercambios can be between 15 and like 40 so it will be interesting to see what happens with that haha. I hope he's close to my age so I can ask him questions about things to do and places to go in the city and make Spanish friends to hang out with.

Anyways, I'll catch ya later!

1 comment:

  1. Dude you're learning to flamenco dance????!?! haha thats awesome!!! i miss you. I was all curled up on the couch last night and was like I wish mcgee was here to cuddle. it was sad. xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete